When I first moved to Sydney I became obsessed with banana bread. I literally could not get enough of it and I was eating it every day… until I discovered that it was just cake! (very yummy cake!). I then went on a mission to create my own version , just with a lot less sugar! This recipe packs a protein punch too.
What you need.
- 125g almond meal
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 3 eggs
- One tablespoon of nut butter (plus extra for serving)
- One tablespoon of coconut oil (melted)
- One tablespoon of brown rice syrup
- 50g protein powder of choice
- One teaspoon of baking powder.
- One teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle of himalayan sea salt
How to make.
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix in a food processor until it reaches a nice smooth batter consistency
- Line a bread tin with baking paper
- Pour mixture in evenly
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Put in oven and cook for 35- 40 minutes, or until crispy golden brown
- Leave to cool for a min of 20 minutes
- Yogurt of your choice, blueberries, nut butter and a sprinkle of organic raw cacao powder.