I often get asked for nutritious snack ideas that are easy to prepare. I always pack wholesome snacks in my bag before I leave the house as this stops me grabbing something that is not as nutritious if I get hungry when I am out and about. Having a snack also keeps my sugar levels stable so I don't get over hungry in between meals.
I have put together my 20 top easy and nutritious snack ideas so there should be something for everyone! Some of them will need a little preparation and I recommend spending some time each week chopping and roasting vegetables, boiling eggs and freezing fruit. I would also suggest adding Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, olives, nuts, brown rice cakes, tins of tuna and olives to your shopping list so you have them ready to go. I have also included my caramelised banana protein bars, food is medicine balls and gut healing banana bread in the list. These are so good to have when you are wanting something sweet that will also sustain you until your next meal.
20 easy and nutritious snack ideas
- Chopped veggies (capsicum, zucchini, and carrot are great) with goat’s cheese/ feta/ and avocado
- Boiled eggs and nuts
- Nut butter on brown rice cakes
- Greek yoghurt with blueberries and nut butter sprinkled with cinnamon and cacao powder
- Brown rice cakes with avocado, goat’s cheese and feta
- Coconut cream with nut butter and fruit
- 70% dark chocolate smeared with nut butter
- Frozen banana smeared with nut butter and sprinkled with cacao
- Apple with nut butter
- Frozen grapes with nuts
- Smoked salmon wrapped with watermelon and feta
- Tin of tuna with olive oil and chopped vegetables
- Food is medicine balls with nut butter
- Gut healing banana bread with nut butter.
- Chopped vegies with hummus (check out our beetroot hummus recipe)
- Olives and raw nuts
- Roast sweet potato with avocado, feta or hummus and veggies
- Cottage cheese, blueberries and pepita seeds sprinkled with cinnmon
- Edamame beans (great to grab on the run)
- Caramelised banana protein bars