I’m a big fan of sweet and savoury dishes (I’m a pineapple on your pizza girl!) and I was craving food that was warm and nourishing, but that also had a hint of sweetness. As I was standing in the green grocer, mangoes caught my eye and I felt sad that they would be out of season with the end of summer. My deprivation fear kicked in and I stocked up and headed home. Now what would I do with these mangoes?! I rummaged through my fridge and found some chicken that had to cooked so I got creative and cooked up this delight! I would love for you to try and let me know what you think! Happy cooking!
What you need.
- 500g chicken breast (organic is best).
- 50g raw cashews.
- 200g green beans
- 1 medium mango
- 1 large red capsicum.
- 1 large yellow capsicum.
- 1 large onion.
- 1 medium bunch of broccolini.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- 1 can of coconut cream (organic is best).
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and peeled).
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, turmeric, fresh grated ginger, nutmeg, pure vanilla extractand chilli (can add more if needed).
- Himalayan salt and black pepper (to sprinkle).
How to make.
- Chop, slice and dice mango, onion, capsicum, green beans and broccolini.
- Crush and peel garlic.
- In a food processor or blender combine mango, coconut cream, cinnamon, turmeric, ground ginger, nutmeg, pure vanilla extract, chilli and garlic and put to the side.
- Heat one tablespoon of coconut oil in pan over medium heat and brown chicken
- In a separate pan heat another tablespoon of coconut oil and sautee onion for 3 mins
- Add in the capsicum, broccolini and green beans and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in cooked chicken.
- Pour in the blended mango and spices
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes
- Add in cashew nuts
With steamed brown rice, quinoa, steamed vegetables or coconut cauliflower rice.